282.18 KB, image/jpeg
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a) Gecko/20040424 Firefox/0.8 Build Identifier: Thunderbird 0.6 (20040502) I have an IMAP account - not verified on POP. I have also set my thunderbird to download any message from the server when checking for mail. But quite often, I open my message and another message appears (sometimes the next thread, sometimes a message of an earlier date, ..). It also happens that a message is completely lost. Very irritating and high-priority since I lose mail. All I can do is delete the locally stored files and re-download everything from the server, which will usually fix the problem. Thank god for IMAP, but even then a regular user won't figure out how to fix this. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1. just wait, it happens. Actual Results: The message window opened a wrong message, i had to click on the next one in order to open the previous message. In some cases I don't find the right message back at all. Expected Results: Open the right message, if it'd be so kind.
Created attachment 165750 [details] Additional notes-similar problems-screenshot attached Using OS 10.3.5 and Thunderbird version 0.9 (20041103) on a PowerBook G4, I had a similar problem ... an email listed in my inbox, when I clicked on it to open it had a completely different header info -- different sender, subject, and body (text) -- didn't match at all. I could not find the actual body to the listed email in any email in my inbox. Had to email sender to send again. Also, have one or two each day of blank lines in my inbox yet I can delete them, but they show no subject and no sender -- just a blank entry in the list. Please email me to let me know when this is fixed -- or email me to let me know if I have to come back and check to see when fixed. Thanks!!
I am not completely sure, but I have been experiencing this bug quite often in the past, too. I think the problem may be caused because you have multiple e-mailaccounts which are all set to download to the same local folder. Ever since I stored my downloaded e-mails locally in a different folder (one for each account), I have not experienced the problem again. Let me know what your findings are.
I've been able to trigger this problem by deleteing more than once message at a time.
This has happened twice to me. The first time, I thought it must be a virus or a worm, but I found nothing. When it happened again, I searched the bug database, and found this report. I have permanently lost many (20-50, I'm not sure) e-mails, and this is a very serious problem for me. If it happens again, I shall have to stop using Thunderbird; I just can't afford the risk. It seems that parts of other messages are overwriting the original message text, or in some cases deleting the message text completely (header included, exept for the title). This only seems to happen in the inbox of the default account (I have many folders, and several account set up). I'm now using 1.0.7, and upgraded (from 0.something) between the two incidents, so this has happened in at least two versions. If someone is willing to look at this, I can send copies of the scrambled messages. I know very little about programming, so I'm afraid I can not help in any other way. Best regards, Tom Einar Andersen
gone? Or still a problem if you use Thunderbird v1.5?
(In reply to comment #4) > This has happened twice to me. The first time, I thought it must be a virus or > a worm, but I found nothing. When it happened again, I searched the bug > database, and found this report. > > I have permanently lost many (20-50, I'm not sure) e-mails, and this is a very > serious problem for me. If it happens again, I shall have to stop using > Thunderbird; I just can't afford the risk. > > It seems that parts of other messages are overwriting the original message > text, or in some cases deleting the message text completely (header included, > exept for the title). This only seems to happen in the inbox of the default > account (I have many folders, and several account set up). > > I'm now using 1.0.7, and upgraded (from 0.something) between the two incidents, > so this has happened in at least two versions. > > If someone is willing to look at this, I can send copies of the scrambled > messages. I know very little about programming, so I'm afraid I can not help in > any other way. > > Best regards, > Tom Einar Andersen Tom, I rather suspect your problem is not related to this plus I expect this bug will be closed. Suggest you upgrade and experiment with TB v1.5. If it still happens then search for another related bug and if you don't find one create a new bug.
I don't think I ever experienced it again since I made separate folders for the local database, as described somewhere in my post. I have used thunderbird 1.5 shortly (now I'm completely on g-mail's webmail, that's one less programme to run), but I don't think there were any issues with 1.5 either.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.