Status

()

defect
P2
normal
VERIFIED FIXED
21 years ago
17 years ago

People

(Reporter: dbaron, Assigned: karnaze)

Tracking

({css2, testcase})

Trunk
mozilla0.9.9
x86
Windows 95
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [awd:tbl], URL)

Attachments

(6 attachments, 1 obsolete attachment)

There are a number of problems on this page:

1) Borders on TBODY are rendered on the wrong side of the top row.  I don't
know what would happen if one of the tables were 3 rows.

2) Borders on empty cells have problems in the collapsed border model.  You
should render them normally.

3) The fifth table (of class=four) has the upper right corner of the border
missing.
Also, the right-margin on the first 2 tables (if you have the size right so
that it ends up that way) is too small on initial load, but correct on reflow.

Thus I'm cc:ing troy@netscape.com , since I think he's handling scrollbar stuff.
(Assignee)

Updated

21 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED

Comment 2

21 years ago
Setting all current Open/Normal to M4.

Comment 3

20 years ago
per leger, assigning QA contacts to all open bugs without QA contacts according
to list at http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=Browser
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Target Milestone: M4 → M5
(Assignee)

Comment 4

20 years ago
moving to M5
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Target Milestone: M5 → M6
(Assignee)

Comment 5

20 years ago
Moving to M6.
(Assignee)

Comment 6

20 years ago
Moving to M8.
(Assignee)

Comment 7

20 years ago
Moving to M9.
Fixing problem (2) above should be easy.  You just need to change

        if (NS_STYLE_TABLE_EMPTY_CELLS_HIDE==cellTableStyle->mEmptyCells)
          renderBorder=PR_FALSE;

to

        if ((NS_STYLE_TABLE_EMPTY_CELLS_HIDE==cellTableStyle->mEmptyCells) &&
           (NS_STYLE_BORDER_SEPARATE!=tableStyle->mBorderCollapse))
          renderBorder=PR_FALSE;

(or something like that) in nsTableCellFrame::Paint.
Ack... that != I wrote should be an ==.  I started looking at the "Collapse" on
the right and decided to change it to a "!=", but I should have been looking at
the constant on the left...

Comment 12

20 years ago
Problem (1) has two parts.  What is happening is that the bottom border of the
rowgroup is being put on the bottom of every cell in the rowgroup.  This is
because the nsTableFrame::compute*BorderForEdgeAt functions were never
finished.  Problems in them include:

* not checking to see if at the edge of a rowgroup/colgroup (marked with "XXX")
* not getting the top/left borders of the row/col or rowgroup/colgroup to the
bottom or right of the current cell (not noted in source)

The second problem is the disappearance of the top border.
A further test case that shows how many problems there really are:

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/css/test/sec1706c

Updated

20 years ago
Whiteboard: [TESTCASE]

Comment 18

20 years ago
Marking [TESTCASE].
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Target Milestone: M9 → M10
(Assignee)

Comment 19

20 years ago
Moving to M10
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Summary: Table border problems → [CSS 2] Table border problems
Target Milestone: M10 → M12
(Assignee)

Comment 20

20 years ago
Adding [CSS 2] to summary and moving to M12.
Summary: [CSS 2] Table border problems → {css2} Table border problems
In the above patch, I just realized useInsets=PR_FALSE should be moved, but it
doesn't seem to do anything anyway.  There are still problems with the patch for
attachment 966 [details], I think.
(Assignee)

Comment 23

20 years ago
mass move to m14.
Keywords: css2
Migrating from {css2} to css2 keyword. The {css1}, {css2}, {css3} and {css-moz}
radars should now be considered deprecated in favour of keywords.
I am *really* sorry about the spam...
Bulk moving [testcase] code to new testcase keyword. Sorry for the spam!
Keywords: testcase
(Assignee)

Comment 26

20 years ago
Moving to M16.
(Assignee)

Updated

20 years ago
Target Milestone: M14 → M16

Updated

20 years ago
Summary: {css2} Table border problems → Table border problems
Whiteboard: [TESTCASE]
(Assignee)

Comment 27

19 years ago
Moving to M17.
Target Milestone: M16 → M17
(Assignee)

Comment 28

19 years ago
Adding dependency on bug 41262 (for most of this multipart bug).
Depends on: 41262

Updated

19 years ago
Blocks: 43178

Comment 29

19 years ago
Anynews? The URL seems to rendered correctly now (2000090808).
adding some keyword nomination
Keywords: mozilla0.9
(Assignee)

Comment 31

19 years ago
Marking mozilla1.0 (hopefully sooner).
Target Milestone: M17 → mozilla1.0
QA contact update
QA Contact: chrisd → amar

Updated

18 years ago
Whiteboard: [awd:tbl]
Bugs targeted at mozilla1.0 without the mozilla1.0 keyword moved to mozilla1.0.1 
(you can query for this string to delete spam or retrieve the list of bugs I've 
moved)
Target Milestone: mozilla1.0 → mozilla1.0.1
(Assignee)

Updated

17 years ago
Attachment #1863 - Attachment is obsolete: true
(Assignee)

Comment 34

17 years ago
Fixed by meta bug 41262.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: mozilla1.0.1 → mozilla0.9.9
All the testcases works fine. Marking verified.

Build ID: 2002030403
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.