I ran across 2 pages tonight that are not displaying the web page. http://www.yahoo.com http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Manual/Manual_List.htm The View Source displays the same data. If I reload the pages, different (but similar) garbage gets displayed. I was doing some hardware work on my computer tonight, and thought maybe that started this glitch somehow. However, IE and Netscape 7.1 render the pages fine. I am using tonight's build and originally ran across this from a build that is about a month old I think. Both have the same problem. Weird wild stuff.
Bug 241085 might be related/dupe?
Also, I am on Windows XP. I just restarted the computer and everything, still does it for those URLs. I can't find any others that do it. If this is hardware originated, I wonder what it could be. I replaced an IDE cable, and power supply is all. I know yahoo.com has worked for me in the past.
I looked at that bug before submitting, and reloading does not work. It just changes the garbage data somewhat. At least their garbage data has some data in there as part of the HTML, this does not.
I tried those sites again today, and now they load! I have no clue on how to reproduce this bug :-(
I get the same thing, on Gigabyte's site and also Intel's ( http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scripts-df/support_intel.asp?iid=HPAGE+header_support_download& ) -- their support link from the homepage. No Problems in IE. Clean install of XP, plus updates, wouldn't surprise me to find an update is the cause.
Update; this is tied to UTF-16 encoding. These pages are shown as gatbage in utf-16, changing to view->character encoding->western and they display correctly.
-->WORKSFORME with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050602 Firefox/1.0+ Please reopen it if you still have the same problem with the latest nightly build and the safe-mode.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.