Disabled plug-ins not remembered after restart

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

()

RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: msv, Assigned: bugzilla)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9

Disabled plug-ins are not remembered after restart

Reproducible: Sometimes
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open Preferences -> Downloads -> Plug-Ins..
2.Disable some plug-ins
3.Click OK in Plug-ins and Preferences dialogs.
4.Restart Firefox


Actual Results:  
None of the plug-ins are disabled any more.

Expected Results:  
Plug-ins should have stayed diabled.

about:buildconfig

Build platform
target
i686-pc-linux-gnu

Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
gcc 	gcc version 3.3.3 	-Wall -W -Wno-unused -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align
-Wno-long-long -pedantic -pthread -pipe
c++ 	gcc version 3.3.3 	-fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wconversion
-Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -pedantic -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe

Configure arguments
--disable-ldap --disable-mailnews
--enable-extensions=cookie,xml-rpc,xmlextras,pref,transformiix,universalchardet,typeaheadfind,webservices,inspector,gnomevfs,negotiateauth
--enable-crypto --disable-composer --enable-single-profile
--disable-profilesharing --disable-debug '--enable-optimize=-Os -freorder-blocks
-fno-reorder-functions -gstabs+' --disable-tests --enable-official-branding
--enable-default-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-xft --enable-static --disable-shared

Comment 1

14 years ago
Moving over to prefs.
Assignee: bugs → firefox
Component: Download Manager → Preferences
QA Contact: bmo → mconnor
wait, are the disabled plugins still listed or are they just gone?
(Reporter)

Comment 3

14 years ago
They are still listed. 

I also realised that right now all plug-ins are showed as enabled though some
are still really disabled from a former session. (I just loaded a PDF-file which
were not opened within a browser window.) This has not what happended before.
The behaviour might have changed with the upgrade from 0.8 to 0.9.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
sorry for bugspam, long-overdue mass reassign of ancient QA contact bugs,
filter on "beltznerLovesGoats" to get rid of this mass change
QA Contact: mconnor → preferences
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.