XML Parsing Error in Preferences->Languages

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

SeaMonkey
Preferences
--
major
RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: Orest, Unassigned)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows 98

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7; Okina Consulting www.okina.net) Gecko/20040616
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7; Okina Consulting www.okina.net) Gecko/20040616

Preferences->Languages/Content window, following error displays:


XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://content-packs/content/pref-contentpacks.xul
Line number 31, Column 20:

   headertitle="&lHeader;">
----------------^


This is the first time I looked at this Pref setting since upgrading to 1.7 from
1.7b.  I had customized this Pref in the past, but it had been a long while and
I don't recall using it recently.


Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. From Edit menu, select Preferences.
2. In Prefs dialog, click Languages/Content under Appearance.
3.

Actual Results:  
Error noted above appears in the dialog window, where the prefs are supposed to
display.

Expected Results:  
Display pref options for Languages/Content

Comment 1

14 years ago
Did you install in a clean folder? This sounds like some file is missing here or
you have the wrong version of it.

Comment 2

14 years ago
Confirming on Win2k SP4
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803.
I upgraded today from Mozilla 1.7 to 1.7.2, after uninstalling the previous
version (and totally erasing the program directory). With 1.7 all is working,
wiht 1.7.2 I got the problem.

Comment 3

14 years ago
Update:
after deleting my old profile directory (the one I manually "migrated" from when
installing 1.7: ie. at installation time I created a fresh profile and then
overwrote some files - bookmarks, prefs, mail db - with the same from the old
profile...) I'm no longer able to get the above error.

However, now I have no "Languages" item under Appearance in the PRefs dialog. :-)
Product: Browser → Seamonkey
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.