Steps to reproduce: 1.Download installer from ftp://sweetlou/products/client/seamonkey/macos/8.x/ppc/2000-01-25-08-M14/NSMacIn staller-M14.sea.bin 2. Enter data in install UI Actual results: Download completes, extracting files progress starts to show and then installer quits. (same for MozMacInstaller) Expected results: Seamonkey installed
Investigating to see if ssu's libjar fix worked for the Mac too.
is this a blocker?
I used the netscape....bin file which unstuffed and launched ok
No, I don't think this is a blocker since as Grace points out we have the netscape5-mac-M14.sea.bin file and its mozilla equivalent for QA to install from.
just fyi, we had a crash while running RegXPCOM this morning, as part of the packaging process. After killing the task, the automation automatically resumed but I noticed in the log that one of the ftp session timed out... meaning that one of the uploads probably failed. Let's hope for a better result tomorrow.
FYI, I'm still building the tip and may only get to this tomorrow. So, due to nsIFile changes this may still be broken tomorrow.
The XPInstall engine appears broken on the Mac. This bug had to do with the installer, not the engine, hence closing. I've opened bug 25288. In the future, please don't reopen this bug. Open a new one since we are usually dealing iwth *different* problems when we see installer failure during extraction.