*** Bug 250297 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
WFM, current trunk CVS, Linux.
Which application and build ID is it this doesn't work in? Please also try the latest version of it.
Reporter: please file DOM bugs in the right component. /be
Assignee: general → general
My build ID is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1 and my uname -a is "Linux example.com 2.6.3-15mdk #1 Fri Jul 2 22:09:29 MDT 2004 i686 unknown unknown GNU/Linux". The application is Firefox (as opposed to Thunderbird, which is how I understood your question about application.) I loaded the prebuilt binary from the site - firefox-0.9.1-i686-linux-gtk2+xft-installer.tar.gz. I see that there's a new file up there, but when I download it and diff it with the previous file there's no differences. I also just verified within the last five minutes that the 0.9.2 build for Windows doesn't work either [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.8]. The user agent string seems wrong on this build because the installation program and the About dialog clearly say version 0.9.2. I generally grab the prebuilt code since I don't have a ton of time right now to pull down the tree and build it. Any idea when a new build will come out?
(In reply to comment #5) > no differences. I also just verified within the last five minutes that the > 0.9.2 build for Windows doesn't work either [Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT > 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.8]. The user agent string seems > wrong on this build because the installation program and the About dialog > clearly say version 0.9.2. That is a known error if you install Firefox 0.9.2 ontop an old one, or didn´t deinstall TBE or Multizilla, don´t know which one. I assume you are using a UserAgentSwitcher extension, and that 0.8 gets spoofed by your switcher.
My Windows box has both Netscape 4.78 and Mozilla 1.6 installed, both of them from pre-built binaries. I didn't have any Firefox release installed before this one. Other than that I have nothing else installed related to Mozilla, so unless the UserAgentSwitcher is installed automatically by some component then I don't have it installed. If this is a known issue, are there plans to fix this before the final release?
Cc'ing ben and sairuh in case something migration-related might be involved -- seems unlikely and we still need confirmation/reproducibility. /be
I can definitely see the bug. It's the scope chain thing again, jst. Except these are not <a> elements -- they're <span>s... See bug 242557 for discussion.
Depends on: 242557
Is this a case where this works in IE not because of its scope chain setup, but because it exposes elements by their name and/or id in the global scope?
Would this be considered a blocking bug for the final release? If so, would someone be willing to update this?
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.