User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040626 Firefox/0.9.1 From: =?gb2312?q?=FFffffd7=FFffffdc=20=FFffffbd=FFfffff0?= Here is a from header I got recently from a chinese friend. His name (his name's characters) are not displayed at all. On windows, I get a ? character followed by ffffd7 another then ffffdc, etc. Under linux, a small square with the character code (I'm not sure at all it is the right one). The characters are not displayed in the list of mails, when I try to view his mail, in the From header, etc. But the content of the message is OK. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Send an email from yahoo.cn with your chinese name in characters for instance 2. Launch tb & get the mail 3. Your name's characters are not displayed Actual Results: Name not displayed Expected Results: It should have displayed the correct chinese characters
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.