User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.1) Gecko/20040707 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.1) Gecko/20040707 I have setup 2 mail accounts : 1- email@example.com 2- firstname.lastname@example.org Steps to reproduce - When I want to retrieve messages mozilla ask for password - fulfill password account 1 --> got the mails :OK - fulfill for account 2 --> error in username or password?? - ask mozilla to memorize the username and password - go in password manager, show password --> password is OK but username has change : the character "." has been replaced by "%2E" My conclusion : when username includes "." character send mozilla translate and pop connection fails Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: - When I want to retrieve messages mozilla ask for password - fulfill password for account email@example.com --> got the mails :OK - fulfill password for account firstname.lastname@example.org --> error in username or password?? - ask mozilla to memorize the username and password - go in password manager, show password --> password is OK but username has change : the character "." has been replaced by "%2E" Actual Results: pop connection failed because of "." character in mail Expected Results: connect to pop server My conclusion : when username includes "." character send mozilla translate and pop connection fails
Yes, in the password manager some characters are escaped. But for sending the username a) escaped passwords are unescaped and b) the user name to be sent is taken from userName resp. realuserName in the prefs.js and thus also unescaped. So the problem must be something else. To test what's really sent you could log the communication with an external logger like windump or Ethereal. To log at least the username you could also set mail.server.default.auth_login in the prefs.js to false (set it back to true after testing) and create a mozilla log as explained at http://www.mozilla.org/quality/mailnews/mail-troubleshoot.html#pop. Some feedback would be nice.
Another user with the same problem in thread: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=965422#965422 (And there is a log in the thread.)
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
Unless a code change or duplicate bug can be identified, this should be marked WFM.