"Send" button in yahoo mail does nothing in firefox for Linux

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

RESOLVED INVALID
14 years ago
14 years ago

People

(Reporter: affablestrain-bugs, Assigned: bugs)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Build Identifier: 

"Send" button in yahoo mail does nothing in firefox for Linux,
whereas under windows the button does work, and it also works for the latest
version of mozilla under Linux, just not firefox.

Have found this to be true for: mandrake linux 10, fedora core 2.

Have entered this under OS integration since it only happens under Linux. Might
be GTK related?

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. compose mail at myyahoo.com for some user account
2. press the "Send" button
3. 
Actual Results:  
nothing happens, although looking at the output in the javascript console shows
"Error: window.document.all has no properties".


Expected Results:  
Sent the email (process the javascript for sending the message).

Comment 1

14 years ago
Are you using a User Agent Switcher extension?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

14 years ago
I just fixed a problem that was crashing firefox consistently when going to
pages with the java plugin on them, which was fixed by removing my prefs.js and
letting firefox create a new one. I tested the newly created prefs.js with yahoo
mail, and the "Send" button is now working correct.

It turns out one of the main difference between the old and new prefs.js was
entries having useragent in them. I removed the lines with useragent in them
from prefs.js, and yahoo mail's send button now works.

I didn't know that the useragent switcher stuff could cause such problems. Now I
know better.

I suppose this should not be considered a bug, and can be resolved fixed? Maybe
there should be some sort of troubleshooting guide that mentions the two
problems (java plugin, javascripted buttons not working all the time) and that
one should look to useragent settings as a possible cause of problems.

In case it helps, here are the lines I removed from prefs.js:

user_pref("general.useragent.override", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.1.description", "Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.1.useragent", "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0;
Windows NT 5.1)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.2.description", "Netscape 4.8 (Windows XP)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.2.useragent", "Mozilla/4.8 [en] (Windows NT 5.1; U)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.3.description", "Opera 7.51 (Windows XP)");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.3.useragent", "Opera/7.51 (Windows NT 5.1; U) [en]");
user_pref("useragentswitcher.maximum.useragents", 3);
user_pref("useragentswitcher.reset.onclose", true);

Comment 3

14 years ago
Not a mozilla bug if visiting the website with default extension. It could be
that yahooo detects your userAgent, th inks its IE and outputs IE code

--> INVALID
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.