Compile error when using a "Swedish" Date/Time format



Core Graveyard
Embedding: ActiveX Wrapper
14 years ago
6 years ago


(Reporter: mats, Assigned: Adam Lock)


Windows XP

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




14 years ago
I'm setting up a VC6/Windows XP build environment and I had to disable
the ActiveX control because I got compile errors:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include\urlmon.idl(486) : error
MIDL2025 : syntax error : expecting a type specification near "DWORD"
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\include\urlmon.idl(487) : error
MIDL2026 : cannot recover from earlier syntax errors; aborting compilation
make[4]: *** [done_gen] Error 234
make[4]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/c/moz1/embedding/browser/activex/src/control'

After doing "./configure  --disable-activex --disable-activex-scripting"
everything builds fine.

Comment 1

14 years ago
Do you use the Swedish (or Finnish) locale, don't you? If you go to Regional
Settings and switch there to US-English, it should be working.

Comment 2

14 years ago
The Windows XP installation is the default english version. As far as I know,
the VC installation is also a default english one (at least the dialogs were
in english when I installed it).  (BTW, I'm not in any need of the activex
component so there's no problem for me, I just wanted to let you know...
Feel free to close the bug if you beleive there's something wrong with my setup).

Comment 3

14 years ago
I have just read that such a locale can cause problems. Also your system is
English, maybe you have choosen Swedish as Country (or somewhere there in
Regional Settings)?

Comment 4

14 years ago
I misunderstood you, when you said "locale" I thought you meant the localized
Swedish version of Windows (which I don't have). I checked the Regional setting
and I do indeed have a "Swedish" Date/Time format.
I'll leave it to you to decide if this is invalid or not...
Summary: Compile error → Compile error when using a "Swedish" Date/Time format
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Component: Embedding: ActiveX Wrapper → Embedding: ActiveX Wrapper
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.