User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.8 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.8 Whenever I try to use either Real Audio or the BBC Player after I've been using Firefox for some time I either get a report that some other system is using the sound card (Real Audio) or no report and no sound (BBC Player). When I close Firefox and re-start it, the problem goes away and I can use either player. It seems that at some point Firefox is either putting a signal to the sound card, or disabling it??? Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Fire up Firefox, use for browsing for some time - indeterminate - I haven't tested various times. 2. Click on a wav or mp3 file to play it through Real Audio 3. Actual Results: As described in details above Expected Results: Real Audio should play the file. I've used various themes, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.