User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040707 Firefox/0.9.2 Please read the following, apparently Thunderbird is not handling a request via mapi properly or as anticipated. Here's Microsoft's description about how to use MAPI: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en- us/mapi/html/_mapi1book_mapirecipdesc_simple_mapi_.asp madExcept 2.7b and older filled the "lpszName" field, but left the "lpszAddress" field empty. That worked for all mail clients (I tested) except Thunderbird. Thunderbird just ignored the receiver. madExcept 2.7c additionally filled "lpszAddress", but without telling the client how to send the mail. That worked for Thunderbird, but Outlook seems to make problems with that. madExcept 2.7d beta 1 now prepends "SMTP:" to the "lpszAddress". Now both Outlook and Thunderbird can successfully mail. But there are 2 things which are strange with Thunderbird: (1) It shows "SMTP:email@example.com" in the receiver field. Why does it show "SMTP:" there? Outlook doesn't do that. Theoretically Thunderbird should show "lpszName" there, I think. Anyway, this is not really a problem, it's just not nice. (2) A mail sent by Thunderbird still has the "SMTP:" in the mail header, which confuses some mail readers. E.g. my Outlook Express shows "SMTP:??????" in the mail sender column, when receiving a Thunderbird mail sent by madExcept. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3. Expected Results: should have removed SMTP instruction?
Assignee: mscott → nobody
Component: General → Simple MAPI
Product: Thunderbird → MailNews
Version: unspecified → Trunk
*** Bug 282720 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
(In reply to comment #0) > (1) It shows "SMTP:firstname.lastname@example.org" in the receiver field. Hm. Bug 221673 claims to have fixed this problem months ago -- altho someone posted there that it appears to still be broken.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
We use MAPI with Thunderbird, which works correctly. We had problems with the mail client of Mozilla versions 1.7.x so we changed to Thunderbird.
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.