error msg: "the connection was refused when attempting to contact clickit.go2net.com"

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

--
major
RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: regor, Unassigned)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows 98

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040817
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.8a3) Gecko/20040817

after doing a search and attempting to go to the url on the search page, get the
message:  "The connection was refused when attempting to contact
clickit.go2net.com.  



Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1.do a search function
2.select a url anc click on it
3.get the error message

Actual Results:  
same results everytime.

Expected Results:  
should have gone to url selected.  

checked url address and appears to be inoperative or incorrect.

when using :  http://clickit.go2net.com in doing the attempt to go to the the
selection get the error message.

tried a goto on the following permutations.
clickit.go2.net.com and got same error
typed in "clickit.go2.net" and the pgm went to the url selected, then was able
to do a search from the clickit site and then was able to select the url and to
to the site.  however, when clicking on the url description, no go,
when clicking on the url at the bottom of the listing, went to url.
another observation.   try to explaine example of search page:
discription of site
info on what the site is attempting to do
url of site

when doing the search function,  the searches are there, however the last line
which normally is the site url is missing from the page.  clicking on the
description at the first line, this get the error message. 

is the url for the clickit site incorrect???
ie clickit.go2net.com is what is shown,   but what works when typing in the url
in the address bar is:   clickit.go2.net.   this gets me to the clickit site
where i can them get a search going from there.
(Reporter)

Comment 1

14 years ago
bug appears in version 1.7 and not 1.5   again: mozilla 1.7 and above

Comment 2

14 years ago
*** Bug 256933 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***

Comment 3

14 years ago
Any proxy or firewall?

http://clickit.go2net.com/ -> 403 Forbidden

Product: Browser → Seamonkey

Comment 4

14 years ago
I recently upgraded from Mozilla 1.7.1 to 1.7.5 and now I cannot access 
anything via Mozilla.  All connections are refused.

Comment 5

14 years ago
After successfully using Firefox for a month now, suddenly I am getting the 
same "The connection was refused when attempting to contact [misc. URL]" ALERT 
message every time I open Mozilla. I have the latest 1.7 version. I have tried 
uninstalling and re-installing but it's not helping. I cannot access ANY Web 
pages using Firefox. I cannot figure out how to FIX this problem! Can anyone 
tell me how to resolve this? nancielise@gmail.com. Thanks
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.