User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803 Although I can't believe this isn't a duplicate, I haven't been able to find a report of what I am experiencing. I had been using 1,7b under Fedora Core 1, then upgraded to Fedora Core 2, reformatting the / partition, thus wiping the previous installation. Of course, the distro DVD installed 1.6, but when I tried to launch it as an ordinary user, the default situation, I only got a maxed window with the title "mozilla-bin" and a list of character strings in red on a white background, with selection disabled, so I can't copy and paste what was in the window. The first two lines are the following: >window id="main-0window" ^ <command id-"cmd_walletPrefill" label="&prefillCmd.label;" ------^ However, it runs properly as root. This blocks use of email by different users, each with its own id and digital certificate. Tried an install of 1.7.2 in the same way I have done it before, to see if the problem would go away, but it didn't. The ordinary user profile was not changed from Fedora Core 1, at least not in any way I can discern, and of course, the root profile was wiped out by the reinstall. This also affects the ability to read things like help files and other apps that use Gecko, all of which produce the same effect when run as an ordinary user. Any suggestions will be propagated to other FC2 upgraders to help them avoid or fix the problem. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3. See http://www.constitution.org/comp/xeta-fc2.htm for installation notes on this project, which might provide some clues. At the moment the document describes an earlier effort to just install over the FC1 installation, but I have since abandoned that approach, and reformatted the /. partition before installing. The /home partition was not wiped, however.
13 years ago
profile corruption caused by the "downgrade" from 1.7b to 1.6. You have incompatible addons installed perhaps. Workaround: 1) find your current Mozilla profile 2) delete chrome.rdf 3) delete XUL.mfl
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 88822 ***