User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: Mozilla 5.0 / Firefox 0.8 Greek Character Encoding changes back to Cyrillic or Western even with Autoselect -> OFF. I cannot send mail via webmail or read Web pages normally in Greek without changing the encoding everytime I open Firefox or I make a new tab. I tryed everything (even removed from Customize -> Active Character Codings all the languages and left only the Greek - Windows 1253) but nothing. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.View 2.Enconding 3.Greek (Windows) Actual Results: Language remains to greek till I close the browser and re-open it. After that it autodetects it as Cyrillic or Western and the greek characters are unreadable. Expected Results: Language should be left to greek permanently.
The same happens in Windows Me (Millenium Edition) OS. I've add the greek lanuage [el]. I've also set the default character encoding as Greek windows 1253. If i go View-> Character Encodiing-> the greek windows 1253 is checked. But i get nothing but greek (the text is unreadable) unless if i go through the path again (View->Character Encodiing->)and recheck the desired encoding
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.