User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040615 Firefox/0.9 I first noticed this when a phpMyAdmin (on one of the sites I handle) wouldn't display the left frame. I thought it was phpMyAdmin but couldn't find an answer. So I decided to copy the source and see if changing things will work. I discovererd that the two culprite frames had an src of "left.php?something&hash=ad0209ontblah". By deleting each character and reloading, the ad0 turned out to always cause the problem. So I created another page just to test this hypothesis: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>phpMyAdmin 2.5.2-pl1 - www.ckiweb.com</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" > </head> <frameset cols="150, *"> <frame src="1ad1.php" > <frame src="test2.php" > </frameset> </html> I verified that it was valid HTML (phpMyAdmin uses XHTML and I had that validated too). Running this page only shows test2.php. 1ad1.php isn't even called from the server (LiveHTTPHeaders told me that). I have also changed that src to left.php?1ad1 and I get the same problem. The numbers can change and extra characters can be added around the numbers but 'ad' has to be surrounded by at least one number on each side. (I believe the error will occur with 'ad' surrounded by anything but characters i.e. ?ad&) Another URL with XHTML and the 'ad' inside the GET is http://students.cs.byu.edu/~tdr32/test.php Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. View Web Page. Actual Results: In test1.php, only the right frame loads In test2.php, the left-top frame won't load Expected Results: All the frames should load
Works for me in Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040915 Firefox/0.10 a) Please upgrade to a recent version of Firefox and retest. b) Please ensure your are not using any extensions or tweaks (especially ad blockers) and retest.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040915 Firefox/0.10 WFM it almost sounds like you have Adblock installed
Yea, it did turn out to be ad block. I thought I had started a new session but I guess not. The problem is fixed.