bugzilla.mozilla.org will be intermittently unavailable on Saturday, March 24th, from 16:00 until 20:00 UTC.

program crashes during import (file menu) process




14 years ago
13 years ago


(Reporter: Daniel Burstyn, Assigned: Ben Goodger (use ben at mozilla dot org for email))



Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041001 Firefox/0.10.1
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041001 Firefox/0.10.1

In the bookmarks section, the import was flawless. In the browser window, the
import causes an error message:
"The exception unknown software exception 0xe06d7363 occurred in the application
at location 0x7c57e592."
When the error message is closed, the browser disappears, leaving the Netscape
feedback wizard.
In version 0.9.2 and 0.9.3, this would happen every first run, as the import
wizard would open automatically. Now it only happens when I try to manually
import my IE settings.

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Open Firefox
2.Choose "Import..." from the file menu
3.Choose "from IE" radio button
4. Click OK

Actual Results:  
The same crash described above.

Expected Results:  
Preferably, actually import the settings. Otherwise, send an alert box which
says "sorry this doesn't work and we don't know why" ;-)
Can you rename your profile to %appdata%/Mozilla/Firefoxold
Start FF and import IE settings
Delete Bookmarks, passwords, coockies , whitelists and all (Tools->Options)
Close FF
Start FF and choose File->Import, see if it still happens ?

It may be a coorupt profile/extension problem


Comment 2

14 years ago
? Might the problem be connected multiple users in a Win2k system? Do I have to
rename my wife's profile too? ;-)

Comment 3

13 years ago
could you post talkback ids you get for the crash?
Component: Installer → Migration
Keywords: crash
QA Contact: bugzilla → migration

Comment 4

13 years ago
It was a while ago. I don't remember what the solution was, but we got it 
working. It had to do with multiple users in the Win2000 environment.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.