Failure with multiple accounts using Global POP3 accounts, can't access to my mails, downloaded mails do not appears, files are not cleaned



14 years ago
13 years ago


(Reporter: Nov_fr, Assigned: Scott MacGregor)


Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)



(1 attachment)



14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; Maxthon; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Build Identifier: Thunderbird 0.8

I'm using 3 differents accounts, all are globals and stored in Local Folder 
(the new -great but apparently broken- feature of Thunderbird 0.8).

- Bug 1 -

When started, Thunderbird access to the first account and starts downloading 
the mails BUT it also tries to access other accounts in the meantime and 
because the downloading process is incomplete on the first account, it refuses 
to download mails from the others : it says that Local folder is in use.

- Bug 2 - MAJOR BUG - -

The big problem is comming. For each accounts, I had created rules. When 
conditions match, mails are copied in a specific folder in the Local Folder 
making them easy to retrieve. However, when I'm starting to read some mails, 
ALL OTHER MAILS disapears (but only in other folders, not in the one I'm 
actually reading). Thunderbird still indicates there are unread mails in the 
folders but it does not display them ! (exemple: Contacts(5) but Contacts 
folder is empty). From now, it does not even display download e-mails, my InBox 
folder indicates 39 unread mails but only 2 are displayed !!!

What weird is that settings files contains the mail, I can read them inside. 
And the *.msf files do not seems to be broken in some way. Well, files are ok, 
but Thunderbird does not "see" them :/

Notes :

1. This bug started with Thunderbird 0.8 (probably a bug in the Global POP3 
2. I had found a similar bug but your reply does not help. It is not due to a 
crash and recreating accounts does not change anything.

- Bug 3 -

Due to previous bug, I had taken a look to stored files and I had discovered 
that Thunderbird never cleans them : all the mails I had received since I'm 
using Thunberdbird are still in the files (the one with no extension), even the 
deleted ones.

Of course, deleted mails do not appears (at least in Thunderbird 0.6 since 0.8 
does not display anything) but those mails use disk space for nothing.

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
See details
Actual Results:  
It is difficult to read mails from different accounts using "Global POP3 system"
No mails displayed
No mails deleted in the files

Expected Results:  
Wait for one account to complete before accessing the others
Mails displayed
Files cleaned properly

Comment 1

14 years ago
can you try a newer .8 build ? I believe this issues have been fixed.

Comment 2

14 years ago
for future reference, please limit bug reports to a single issue, you may file
as many reports as necessary (search for similar issues before deciding that
something isn't reported and needs a new bug).

Comment 3

14 years ago
(In reply to comment #1)
> can you try a newer .8 build ? I believe this issues have been fixed.

Issue is not fixed. Mails are still invisible. I had even tried to delete 
the "Local Folders" but with no success : new mails are not displayed. Note 
that they can be found using "Search" and the Search window display the list of 
found mails correctly.

Comment 4

14 years ago
you may need to remove your .msf files first before things start working again...

Comment 5

14 years ago
Created attachment 163049 [details]
An image showing the bug
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.