User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; MyIE2; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: Firefox 1.0PR crash window when I starting firefox: accesskey="&allowPopups.accesskey;" ----------------------------^ Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. install Firefox 1.0PRE 2. starting Firefox from the question in the installer -> crash 3. starting Firefox from the Desktop-Icon -> crash 4. starting Firefox from the mini-Icon in the starting-border -> crash
Severity: normal → critical
Summary: crash at starting (Firefox 1.0PR) → Crash at starting (Firefox 1.0PR)
Can you give us a talkback id of that crash?
I received no further informations to this error, except this window.: http://www.richterrobert.de/mozfire.png
And after you closed this window Firefox crashes immediately? Or is it just closed? When the crash occurs please look inside the program directory for 'components\talkback.exe' and enable the quality feedback agent. When the crash happens again send a talkback and give us the id. Please also try it with a fresh profile. How old is your existing one?
talkback.exe output before and after the crash: 0 incidents to send (with a new profile) 0 incidents to send (with the old (2 days) profile)
What do you mean by Firefox crashes? Is talkback enabled and do you get the quality feedback agent? If not, how does Firefox crash? Please descibe exactly or add a screenshot. When a real crash occurs talkback should catch it.
ONLY the window http://www.richterrobert.de/mozfire.png comes after the start from firefox. Now I downgrade to 0.9.3. ;-(
Hello, I have (nearly) the same thing on MacOS X with the latest build (Id est release Candidate) in german. I took this one: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/1.0rc1/Firefox%20(1.0rc1,%20de-DE).dmg.gz On double click the browser starts up, show the Firefox Menu and a window with light yellow background color and red text: label="&bidiSwitchTextDirectionItem.label;" -------^ accesskey="&allowPopups.accesskey;" -----------^ The window can be closed and the app does not actually crash, but has to be shut down explicitly from this state. I am quite sure that my profile is rather old and taken with me since many releases and yes, this will probably be the reason for misbehaviour. However I will stick with the version as of September 14th because I actually want to keep my profile forever and dont want to reimport bookmarks, passwords and so on again. I dont understand why this works sometimes but not always. Also, the bugs I filed so far are not on the list of fixed bugs in the release notes, so I am not that eager to test the latest build to overcome this problem. Thanks for developing Firefox anyway, Christian
I can confirm this on Windows 2000 when upgrading from 1.0PR English to 1.0 German. When upgrading to 1.0 English all works fine. Proposal for new summary: browser does not start, dialog with accesskey="&allowPopups.accesskey;
I have heard from two users of the swedish version getting the yellow dialog box posted above. One of them tried the english version instead, and it worked fine.
Hello, when the final version came out, I really wanted to solve this issue with my profile not working with the current versions of Firefox. This is how I solved the issue for me: Rename the ~/Library/Application\ Support/Firefox folder. Start up the fresh copy. It will create a fresh profile. Copy several files from the old profile to the new bundle. Copy the searchplugins folder from the application bundle to the new versions Application bundle. Start up the browser again. The files I copied over are as follows. No folders. This means obviously the Cache(.Trash) folders but also chrome and extension folders. Chrome especially seems closely related to my issues as the browser stopped starting when I copied them over as well. the Extensions were not properly uninstalled so I decide to install them again separately to avoid to carry with me the problems caused by some of them. No .ini-files. I had got the feeling that they are out of order for now. bookmarks.html, cookies and (form)history.dat should be selfexplaining and usual. XUL.mfasl and xpti.dat seemed too dangerous to me. xpti.dat probably has something to do with the extensions installed while XUL is prbably closely related to the chrome folder. I took over all .db files which seem to contain sensible Data I was not willing to search for manually in real world and reentering these figures. Here is a listing of my profile folder, including the action to be taken: -rw------- 8025 66054866.s copy drwxr-xr-x 2006 Cache/ drwxr-xr-x 68 Cache.Trash/ -rw-r--r-- 948302 XUL.mfasl -rw-r--r-- 326502 bookmarks.bak -rw-r--r-- 326502 bookmarks.html copy -rw------- 65536 cert8.db copy drwxr-xr-x 238 chrome/ drwxr-xr-x 272 chrome_x/ -rw-r--r-- 65 compatibility.ini -rw-r--r-- 0 components.ini -rw-r--r-- 140179 compreg.dat -rw-r--r-- 438 cookies.txt -rw-r--r-- 180 defaults.ini -rw-r--r-- 338 downloads.rdf drwxr-xr-x 442 extensions/ -rw-r--r-- 127331 formhistory.dat copy -rw-r--r-- 424621 history.dat copy -rw-r--r-- 1333 hostperm.1 copy -rw------- 16384 key3.db copy -rw-r--r-- 30230 localstore.rdf -rw-r--r-- 17585 mimeTypes.rdf -rw-r--r-- 1325 panels.rdf candidate -rw-r----- 1 popupcount.dat -rw-r--r-- 8309 prefs.js copy -rw-r--r-- 752 search.rdf -rw------- 16384 secmod.db copy -rw-r--r-- 81084 xpti.dat As of now I am perfectly happy with the result. Firefox is booting up, has bookmarks and saved password available. Still I think there should be a profile test or repair Utility in a future release. The least option ist to import old profiles in the profile Manager. äyours, Christian
Marking WFM cause it shouldn't happen anymore with current Firefox 1.0.x releases.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.