User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a5) Gecko/20041101 Firefox/0.9.1+ Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a5) Gecko/20041101 Firefox/0.9.1+ I will describe the whole scenario: I had a problem with some webpages with looking at some swedish letters (å, å, ö) and I then decided to download the latest trunk [http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/]. This went well but the letters did not look right anyway (every inordinary letter was replaced by a question mark - ?). I will make a special bug note about this letter scenario. Now to the place where everything with the download gets wrong: Maybe a day later I get a internal notification that the Firefox software needed to be updated and the note says there are three parts that needs to be updated. The first (which I also tell it to download) is something about "downloading issues" and that it's a security risk to leave it as it is. I accept this part and clicks OK (or whatever that button now said). Then the program says it is downloading but no progress is watchable. Nothing happens, it just says "downloading and installing" but the percentage bar doesn't change (stands at, probably, before zero %). After a few hours I give up and cancels everything. Right after this I decide to clear everything and restarts the computer. There is from now not possible to download. The next time I go to the update via "Tools --> Options --> Advanced", only one component is left to install according to the list (Something with pre-release 1.0) and when I accept that to be installed nothing happens. This time, I give up after 30 minutes. I've tried to re-install the whole Firefox package but there has been small success in geting a better response when downloading. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Right click on a picture or a link, and choose to download/save, 2. The appropriate square comes up and I choose where to put the file and with what name, clinking then OK 3. Nothing after that happens and I assume that the download is complete. 4. When I go to the directory where I saved the file there is no such file there. Actual Results: Nothing was downloaded. :( Expected Results: Everything should be downloaded!
Now I realise that I can't print from the Firefox browser. This must be related, as I see it.
I have now (again) reinstalled the whole software, and it is now fully functional. I'm not that sure, however, that I should be able to use the automatic update function in Firefox. If you can fix that problem, I will dare to move on. Otherwise, I hope it's enogh to just check for the latest trunk and hope that will be enough. The bug isn't fixed, because it will most probably appear again. Therefore I will not change this to "fixed".
I cannot reproduce any download problems with Firefox after updating from 1.0 to 1.0.2
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.