If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

Unable to click on Navigation Toolbar and Bookmarks Toolbar and links in upper left of browser windo

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Firefox
General
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
13 years ago
11 years ago

People

(Reporter: Russ, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041103 Firefox/1.0RC2
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041103 Firefox/1.0RC2

After browsing a few sites, I was unable to click on any of the Navigation
toolbar buttons or Bookmarks Toolbar buttons, and the links within the browser
window in the upper left quarter of the screen.

Reproducible: Couldn't Reproduce
Steps to Reproduce:
1.
2.
3.

Comment 1

13 years ago
Using Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.7.7)
Gecko/20050414 Firefox/1.0.3:

WFM. No problems with toolbars or links within the browser.

Comment 2

13 years ago
I have a similar problem in Linux:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; nl-NL; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050519 Firefox/1.0.4

Sometimes suddenly I cannot edit the navigation bar or select an item from a
dropdownlist. It appears FireFox freezes or something...The items of the
dropdownlist appear, but when I select one, the previous selected one remains
selected...
(In reply to comment #2)
> I have a similar problem in Linux:
> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; nl-NL; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050519 Firefox/1.0.4
> 
> Sometimes suddenly I cannot edit the navigation bar 

do you mean customize?

> or select an item from a dropdownlist. 

do you mean command menus? Or do you mean context menu drop down?

>It appears FireFox freezes or something...The items of the
> dropdownlist appear, but when I select one, the previous selected one remains
> selected...

please give an example with specific steps, URL, mouse clicks, text, etc.

can you do this with a current nightly
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

Comment 4

12 years ago
Reporter, Firefox 1.5 is now released. Does it still has the problem ?

Comment 5

11 years ago
I have a similar problem.  I plug in any web address into my Navigation Toobar and it does not open the website.   I have to try 5 or 6 times for it to work and sometimes it still doesnt work


In reply to comment #0)
> User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US;
> rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041103 Firefox/1.0RC2
> Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US;
> rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041103 Firefox/1.0RC2
> 
> After browsing a few sites, I was unable to click on any of the Navigation
> toolbar buttons or Bookmarks Toolbar buttons, and the links within the browser
> window in the upper left quarter of the screen.
> 
> Reproducible: Couldn't Reproduce
> Steps to Reproduce:
> 1.
> 2.
> 3.
> 

Assignee: bross2 → nobody
Works for me as well.

If you can reproduce this using Firefox 2.0.0.3 or later and a new profile, please reopen this bug.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 11 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.