The Remote Scripting Applet resource is failing at the release 1.0 of Firefox, but it works on 0.9.
Summary: remote script applet fails → Remote Script Applet Fails
Summary: Remote Script Applet Fails → Remote Scripting Applet Fails
I confirm this bug's existence on http://www.whereismybus.com and think that when this and a few other critical rendering bugs are fixed, we should release a "minor" new version, 1.0.1.
Wrong component. I don't know what is remote scripting applet is, but if that doesn't work with nightly Mozilla Suite builds, you should move this bug to Core product.
Assignee: bugs → firefox
QA Contact: js-console → general
It does not work in App Suite 1.8 Alpha 6 either, should be changed to core.
I confirm the existance of this bug as well, it is also manifested on http://www.windev.org (search for a keyword that is likely to be found in Windows developers' discussions, e.g., "bitmask" or "MFC" without the quotes)
This is caused by bug 268945. |typeof(document.RSAspProxyApplet)| returns 'function' instead of 'object'. A workaround is to add check in _MSRS_startRequest for (typeof(document.RSAspProxyApplet) == 'function').
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Fernando, why did you mark this bug as fixed?
Sorry, update wrong bug...
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
As I indicated earlier, the reason this fails in newer builds is because of bug bug 268945. That bug may or may not be fixed, so it's outcome would determine this bug's. If, however, Microsoft makes changes to the code to adapt to the new return value, this bug should probably be closed.
OK, let´s go leaving it open. Plus: if there is someone trying to get RemoteScripting working by time, just find and edit the line above. I give my 2 cents as a contribution to Mozilla Software Foundation, there is no coast :) --- File "rs.htm" if (typeof(document.RSAspProxyApplet) == 'object' || typeof(document.RSAspProxyApplet) == 'function') Best regards every one have been looking for help about this resource, specially those ones who have posted messages here.
Assignee: nobody → live-connect
Status: REOPENED → NEW
Component: Plug-ins → Java: Live Connect
QA Contact: plugins → pschwartau
Still not working on the latest version of Firefox.
The cause of this "bug" is bug 268945, so the blocker nomination should be put there.
Firefox code moved from custom Liveconnect code to the NPAPI/NPRuntime bridge a while back. Mass-closing the bugs in the liveconnect component which are likely invalid. If you believe that this bug is still relevant to modern versions of Firefox, please reopen it and move it the "Core" product, component "Plug-Ins".
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago → 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.