Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a5) Gecko/20041106 trying to use secure pages at amazon.co.uk (to login etc) - i only get an alert the page does not load untill i delete all amazon-related cookies. (which appearanly also include some cookie/s not containing the name "amazon" it seems - deleting only the "amazon" cookies isn't enough) After deleting all cookies i can operate there out the day, it seems. Next day it will fail again. I have an account there where i log in and out. I've seen this bug only after having logged out, but it all worked flawlessly some months ago when i used it last, if I've allowed cookies. to repro: log in to an account log out wait a day try to access any secure page there (for instance this link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/flex-sign-in/ref=ya_hp_pay_4/202-3711191-2466209?opt=a&page=help/ya-sign-in-secure.html&response=select-preferred-currency&method=GET which is the "Currency converter" link on their front page. Result: Alert saying "Mozilla and www.amazon.co.uk cannot communicate because they have no common encryption algorithms"
To comment 1: Yes, if I open preferences and check "go to Use OSCP to validate only certificates that specify an OCSP service URL" under "Privacy and Security" -> "Validations" - I can access the pages again. Or - alternatively - i delete the session cookies etc, and it will also work. So.. did security code change somewhere recently, or is this a cookie-bug?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0 I am also seeing this with Firefox 1.0 on amazon.co.uk. Clearing the session cookie does stop the problem for a while but then it comes back.
changing component to "networking cookies", regression keyword. What changed? I browsed the relevant 2 day periode checkins indicated in firefox bug 265419 (bonsai, "all files in the repository") - but couldn't figure out what caused the regression.
Component: Browser-General → Networking: Cookies
Assignee: general → darin
QA Contact: general → core.networking.cookies
cookies backend did not change. This looks more like a site bug.
I know someone who ran into this error with Firefox 1.0, and it was fixed by ticking "Use TLS 1.0" in Tools > Options > Advanced > Security. It was ok with the previous version, unfortunately I don't know if that was 1.0PR or 0.9.x, but I don't believe it was either RC version.
Assignee: darin → kaie
Component: Networking: Cookies → Client Library
Product: Core → PSM
QA Contact: networking.cookies
Version: Trunk → 1.01
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.