document becomes null (while/after replacing iframe contents)

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

()

RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: niels.froehling, Assigned: bugzilla)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0 StumbleUpon/1.999
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0 StumbleUpon/1.999

NOTE: this is not for promotion reasons, I seriously believe to found a bug

on indextrack.com I repeatly replace iframe-contents by setting
getObj('blabla').src, getObj() is nothing else than 'return
document.getElementById()'
somehow the 'document'-Object becomes null, but I never reload the page
containing the iframes!

to reproduce the bug visually you have to look into one of the demo-accounts on
the site and logout, after that every and all iframes have lost the
'document'-object.
If you want javascript error-codes, I will replace the workarounds, that
produces only visual errors, on demand.

I checked it against Netscape 7.2 - there is no problem like this, everything is
fine; also before I got Firefox 1.0-final, I've used Firefox 1.0-preview without
problems.

If it's possible to erase the 'document'-object manually, I would prefer to
track down the problem with a Firefox with a locked 'document'-object, before I
get flames for bad or crude coding style.


Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. goto www.indextrack.com
2. look into one of the demo-accounts
3. logout

Actual Results:  
every iframe has lost it's document (maybe except the 'content'-frame')


Expected Results:  
provide a 'document'-object, that isn't null


Build platform
target
i686-pc-cygwin

Build tools
Compiler 	Version 	Compiler flags
$(CYGWIN_WRAPPER) cl 	12.00.8804 	-TC -nologo -W3 -nologo -Gy -Fd$(PDBFILE)
$(CYGWIN_WRAPPER) cl 	12.00.8804 	-TP -nologo -W3 -nologo -Gy -Fd$(PDBFILE)

Configure arguments
--disable-ldap --disable-mailnews
--enable-extensions=cookie,xml-rpc,xmlextras,pref,transformiix,universalchardet,webservices,inspector,gnomevfs,negotiateauth
--enable-crypto --disable-composer --enable-single-profile
--disable-profilesharing --enable-optimize --disable-debug --disable-tests
--enable-static --disable-shared --enable-official-branding
(Reporter)

Comment 1

14 years ago
The error occures after modifying the 'cols' & 'rows' property of an 'frameset'
also. I've tested it with a blank Firefox with and without extensions. The
presence of active extensions seems to have an influence - I'm not sure.

(Reporter)

Comment 2

14 years ago
		function getFrm(id) {
			return window.frames[id];
		}

		function setFrames(cols, rows) {
			var fobj = getObj('frames');

			alert(getFrm('list').document); // -> HTMLDocument
                        /* THESE TWO COMMANDS DIRECTLY CLEAR
                         * getFrm('list').document
                         */
			fobj.cols = cols;
			fobj.rows = rows;
			alert(getFrm('list').document); // -> null
		}

<frameset cols="60%,40%" id="frames"
	framespacing="0"
	frameborder="3"
	border="3">
	<frame src="list.php" name="list" scrolling="auto" id="list">
	<frame src="info.php" name="info" scrolling="auto" id="info">
</frameset>
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.