bugzilla.mozilla.org will be intermittently unavailable on Saturday, March 24th, from 16:00 until 20:00 UTC.
This occasional empty sidebar has been around for a long time. I hadn't discovered reproducable steps until today. There are already bugs logged on empty sidebar (bug 252092, bug 216171, bug 116520, bug 119975). They don't have consistantly reproducable steps. I've found that changing the default browser to something other than Mozilla, then returning to mozilla always shows an empty sidebar. -Launch Mozilla -Open the sidebar (f9) -Leave the sidebar open, then exit Mozilla -Launch IE or Firefox and set it as the default browser -Exit that browser -Launch Mozilla Tested results: Sidebar displays- "The sidebar is currently empty" blah blah blah... Methods to return sidebar to fucntional state: -f9 and f9 to close and open sidebar -Restart of Mozilla -Tabs, select a tab (uncheck it) then select it again (check it) expected results: The sidebar has content. Perhaps this is related to the "corrupt localstore.rdf" bug?
Now that we have a method to reproduce the empty sidebar, can some app folks take a look at this long standing regression?
My guess is that attachment 65708 [details] [diff] [review] was wallpaper for a problem that's since been fixed and now needs to be backed out. I can't figure out exactly how to express the dependency on bug 119975 though.
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state. If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way. If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar). If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state. Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago. Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED. If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component. Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Can't repro with SM 2.8a1/Windows XP.
Resolution: EXPIRED → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.