User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913 News posting with 3 trailing \x8F (del; ^?) caused mozilla and X crash. Messages in the group were listed properly, crash occurered during attempt to display body the specific message. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.subscribe news.comp.mail.sendmail 2.try to view thread started by message below Subject: limit received header XXX Message-ID: <nxNod.19679$lN.email@example.com> 3. Actual Results: X server crash
is there a public newsgroup with a message like this, or one I can access?
I have mentioned thread causing the crash in my original submission (Steps to Reproduce:) Post starting the thread: newsgroup: comp.mail.sendmail Subject: limit received header XXX Message-ID: <nxNod.19679$lN.firstname.lastname@example.org> XXX marks place of the 3 dels Google link: http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=nxNod.19679%24lN.6747%40amsnews05.chello.com&output=gplain
sorry, so you did...
I had no problem displaying this message with thunderbird...
(In reply to comment #4) > I had no problem displaying this message with thunderbird... It may be caused by "external" software (e.g. X server). I use: * Fedora Core 2 [it was fully updated yesterday (2004-11-25)] * kernel-2.6.9-1.6_FC2 * xorg-x11-6.7.0-10 My temporary fix makes my personal news server convert all chars in headers except \t \r \n \x020-\x8E into X. It is a little bit draconian but cyrus-imap seems to apply similar strategy.
yeah, I'm betting this is X/linux specific. I tried debug and release seamonkey builds, no problems...
Assignee: sspitzer → blizzard
Component: MailNews: Main Mail Window → GFX: Gtk
Product: Mozilla Application Suite → Core
QA Contact: ian
What distribution is being used here? This sounds more like a font issue than a Mozilla issue. If the X server is crashing I'm inclined to think you'ure using a bad/broken font.
are you using a gtk1 or gtk2 build?
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.