Thunderbird does not get updates from woot.com RSS feed (but Firefox does)

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: porche1975, Assigned: mscott)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041107 Firefox/1.0

I am trying to use Thunderbird as my RSS reader. However, Thunderbird does not
get updates for the following RSS feed: http://rss.woot.com/feed.aspx

I know there is nothing wrong with the RSS feed because Firefox gets updates
from this feed just fine. Also, a program I have used called RSSReader works
(www.rssreader.com).

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a new "RSS News & Blogs" account in Thunderbird.
2. Go to Manage Subscriptions and add a subscription for
http://rss.woot.com/feed.aspx
3. Thunderbird will correctly go out and fetch the latest article from woot.com.
4. Woot.com updates this RSS feed once a day (Sunday - Thursday) at midnight
Central Time Zone.  Thunderbird will fail to fetch new articles.  Manually
clicking the Get Mail button does not fetch new articles either.

Firefox and RSS Reader (www.rssreader.com) have no problems getting the new
articles from this feed.

Actual Results:  
No new articles we fetched.

Expected Results:  
Fetched the new article after the RSS feed is updated.

Comment 1

14 years ago
I am having this same problem, with all feeds I am subscribed to. I'm on Windows
XP SP2. I have the same set of feeds subscribed on a FC 3 machine and it works
fine. The other difference between the two (other than the OS that is) is that
on the Windows machine I don't have any email accounts set up, while on the FC 3
machine I do. - Cary

Comment 2

14 years ago
This feed uses the same value for all of its link elements, but the current code opts to use the link value 
instead of the guid for its identifier in the feeditems.rdf. The main issue here will be taken care of by 
my patch for bug264482 (I started making URIs from guids when possible). The second issue with this 
feed is that it had duplicate GUID values when I checked it (great...).
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED

Updated

10 years ago
Component: RSS → Feed Reader
Product: Thunderbird → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.