Hi, this seems to be a problem with Firefox/Mozilla not being able to load Realplayer web plugins. This bug is inherent both in windows and in linux. Go to the URL above select any song and click play. An error of missing method appears. I have tried this with IE and everything works fine. I am also having this error on a couple of other sites. Error in linux is as follow: Calling realplay playeripc: Got command Version 1 playeripc: Got command Embed type='audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin' name='RAPlayer' src='http://www.musicindiaonline.com/z/default/m/blank.smil' console='_unique' controls='PositionField' nolabels='TRUE' autostart='FALSE' height='2' width='2' playeripc: Got command Browser 0 'Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041219 Firefox/1.0' 1 1 playeripc: Got command SetWindow 0 33557200 0 0 2 2 0 0 2 2 1 playeripc: Got command SetWindow 0 33557200 0 0 2 2 0 0 2 2 1 playeripc: Got command SetWindow 0 33557200 0 23 2 2 0 0 2 2 1 playeripc: Got command NewStream 0 0 http://www.musicindiaonline.com/z/default/m/blank.smil application/smil 15 playeripc: Got command SetPlayerStringProp 0 'src' 'http://www.musicindiaonline.com/g/r/.B2mfeNo2wGfHDfOBitZ/play.smil' playeripc: Got command SetPlayerUINT32Prop 0 'contextmenu' 0 playeripc: Got command SetPlayerUINT32Prop 0 'autostart' 1 playeripc: Got command Play 0 playeripc: Got command SetPlayerUINT32Prop 0 'volume' 40 playeripc: Got command SetPlayerUINT32Prop 0 'mute' 0 playeripc: Got command SetPlayerUINT32Prop 0 'loop' 0 (realplay.bin:20718): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gvalue.c:88: cannot initialize GValue with type `gboolean', the value has already been initialized as `-g-type-private--GTypeFlags' /usr/bin/realplay: line 75: 20718 Segmentation fault $REALPLAYBIN "$@" I have checked other features of java with firefox and they work fine. It is just the realplayer plug that are causing the problem. As i noticed that the version detection is off. While IE detect "RealOne 6.0.<something>", firefox/mozilla detects "RealPlayer G2 6.0" This is a very popular plugin and as much as I unprefer IE I have to keep switiching back to it to use the plugin. Can someone elaborate on what is causing this problem and maybe one some ideas of how to fix it?
>Can someone elaborate on what is causing this problem and maybe one some ideas >of how to fix it? Bugzilla is not a support forum, you'll probably receive support if you ask ina more appropriate place. Your description of the "bug" is not clear.
Assignee: bugs → firefox
QA Contact: js-console → general
Reporter hasn't responded in over a month, and we have no steps to reproduce here, I am going to go ahead an mark this invalid. Reporter: If you can provide either steps to reproduce, a testcase, or something, and can still reproduce this yourself on the latest milestone build or a recent nightly (less than 3 days old), then feel free to re-open.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: INVALID → ---
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 268735 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago → 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.