Same problem as in Mac. After installing dictionaries, no warning about the need of restarting T'bird to have them installed for good. And they don't appear in the extensions window (as usual, no wonder), nor in the "corrector" window when trying to swap dictionaries.
Summary: Extensions not kept in Fedora c3 → dictionary won't install properly
I've had the same problem - if a spell check is done in Thunderbird and the option 'download more' is selected from the 'language' dropdown menu, the language looks like it installs but it's not possible to select it. After playing around, I discovered that the language files actually get installed into Firefox's 'components/myspell' directory, rather than Thunderbirds. After copying the files into Thunderbirds version of the above mentioned directory, everything ran fine. Further details: email@example.com
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.