XUL window fails to ask for title preface

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
9 years ago

People

(Reporter: WeirdAl, Unassigned)

Tracking

({testcase})

Trunk
x86
Windows XP
testcase

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
Steps to reproduce:
(1) Use a flat-chrome Mozilla build, and hack
dist/bin/chrome/comm/content/navigator.xul as follows:

 <window id="main-window"
+        titlepreface="[Bug Test] "
         xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
         xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"
         onload="Startup()" onunload="Shutdown()"
...

(2) Edit > Preferences > Navigator > Tabbed Browsing > (right panel) Hide the
tab bar when only one tab is open (checked).
(3) Edit > Preferences > Navigator > (right panel) Home Page, set to
data:text,html,<p>Hi
(4) OK on preferences, close and restart Mozilla entirely, with browser window.
(5) Observe the title bar of the browser window.

Expected results:
Mozilla title bar says:
[Bug Test] - Mozilla {Build ID ...}

Actual results:
Mozilla title bar says:
Mozilla {Build ID ...}

data:text/html,<title>Hi does produce the expected title preface.  Whenever tabs
are visible, the expected title preface also appears.  It's the combination of
hidden tabs and an HTML page without a title that leads to this bug.

With timeless's help, we discovered the following:
tabbrowser doesn't expose itself to its child documents, so
nsXULWindow::SetTitle can't notify it when a title wants to change.

tabbrowser needs to implement nsIDocShellTreeItem, which it cannot do because of
[noscript] in:
http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsblame.cgi?file=mozilla/docshell/base/nsIDocShellTreeItem.idl&rev=1.18&mark=149-156,159#139

I found no duplicates in Bugzilla.
Tabbrowser isn't a docshell treeitem, sorry.  In fact, even the fact that
nsWebBrowser is one makes me deeply unhappy....

I hope to take an axe to the nsIDocShell* apis in 1.9.  I'll keep this use case
in mind as I do that, I guess, if someone can make it clear what the use case is.
Product: Core → SeaMonkey

Comment 2

9 years ago
MASS-CHANGE:
This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state.

If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way.
If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar).
If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state.

Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED

Comment 3

9 years ago
MASS-CHANGE:
This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago.

Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED.

If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component.

Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 9 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.