charset encoding error in XBL

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

()

RESOLVED EXPIRED
14 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: soki_92, Assigned: hyatt)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows XP
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041217

I have a XBL wich contain a simple textbox. From this XBL with utf-8 encoding, 
I use a js object declared outside the xbl (from a lib imported from xul file, 
xul file is in utf-8 too). This object send, by calling one method, a command 
to my server (all in utf-8, the http too). before to send the command, I write 
it to disk. The value of my text box is inserted in the command by the calling 
of the method, the value write to disk is incorrect (the same in my servlet), 
the encoding is wrong when I put accent like "[éàè]" in the textbox. I have 
modified the object in the lib, and I wrote directly accent "[éàè]" in the js 
file and add the textbox's value to this string. The command send is correctly 
formatted for the hard coded accent, I might there is an error between xbl and 
js association from xul document. I can get a right result when I convert the 
value of my textbox from Unicode to utf-8. The same problem exist in firefox 
1.0.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
Please attach a testcase showing the problem... the description is too vague to
make sense of, unfortunately.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.