User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: I apologize for posting so much. I decided to switch to Linux for our Bugzilla server. I'm still having headaches. Here are my specs. These are the out-of-the-box installations built into Red Hat 9... MySQL v3.23.54 Perl v5.8.0 Apache v2.0.40 Perl Modules: AppConfig (v1.56) CGI (v3.07) Data::Dumper (v2.12) Date::Format (v2.22) DBI (v1.48) DBD::mysql (v2.1021) File::Spec (v0.83) File::Temp (v0.13 Template (v2.14) Text::Wrap (v2001.0929) I encountered an error when I installed AppConfig. It failed when trying to do the database test. As a result, the make install didn't work. So, I re-ran it without doing the database test in the middle, and the make install worked just fine. Finally, I get to the point where I change localconfig and then run checksetup.pl. It fails when trying to connect to the database. I was told in a previous reply that on Linux, the DBI was compiled against the wrong version of MySQL. My problem: I'm extremely new to Linux, and I don't know how to recompile DBI against a different version of MySQL. All I did was issue the commands provided in the instructions. I apologize for my ignorance. I'm trying to learn more, but I need some help. Thank you. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: Steps described above. Actual Results: Checksetup.pl fails on database connection phase. Expected Results: Connected to the database like a good little Perl script.
Hey Stephen. This isn't a support forum, but read http://www.bugzilla.org/support/ and that should point you in the right direction.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.