User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050317 Firefox/1.0.2 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050317 Firefox/1.0.2 There are two problems. (1) I can download P84102K1.EXE but cannot specify the destination directory. (2) I cannot download P84102K2.EXE & P84102K3.EXE. IE6 can download all of them with no problem. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Go to http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/en/printer/model/clp/p8410/p8410download.htm. 2.Click P84102K1.EXE for test of (1) above. 3.Click P84102K2.EXE or P84102K3.EXE for test of (2) above. Actual Results: (1) P84102K1.EXE can be downloaded on currently specified directory automatically. (2) Downloading of P84102K2.EXE & P84102K3.EXE is ignored. Expected Results: Inquiry window of destination directory specification must be displayed before downloading on this site as well. This problem may be web site dependent but IE6 works. If this sort of problems sustains, customer never leave from IE6.
For the first one, Firefox is smart enough that it knows that it shouldn't open .EXE files, and if you already provided a destination directory, it may just decide not to ask for input and immediately start downloading. I just tried it myself after closing GetRight... When Firefox tries to catch the download, both the dialog box and the popup are terminated after a few seconds. (I can get to all three files.) If you can hit the button fast enough, it will start to download, which brings me to my next point. I'm attaching a (crude) screenshot of my download window of that first file. (attachment called dl_box, I think) See how it says "All files downloaded to: Desktop" at the bottom? It's already been set to save to the desktop. Open the Downloads window and see if this is the case with you. Anyway, ATM I don't know if this is Tech Evangelist or an actual coding problem... Since it doesn't look like I can mark it confirmed, I'll just say it.
Thank you for your investigation. However, my case seems different. I thoroughly searched the 3 files on PC before posting my bug report and found that the 2 files are missing as described on case (2).
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.