User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050319 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050319 Just installed 1.7.6 from 1.7.5. Ever since I have experienced very slow "deletes" in mail. For example if there is a message in the inbox I want to delete, I press the delete key (or click the delete icon) and it takes 5-7 seconds for the message to delete. Under 1.7.5 the message would delete instantly. If I click the Junk Status icon it also takes 5-7 seconds for the action to take place If I move a message to a different folder, it also takes 5-7 seconds for the transfer to occur. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Highlight message 2. Press delete button (or click "Delete selected message" icon) 3. Message disapears in 5-7 seconds Actual Results: Selected item took 5-7 seconds to disapear (or be moved to different folder) Expected Results: Selected item should disapear immediately.
Is there any indication of disk swapping? (disk activity as the operating system moves items in memory to disk to make room for new stuff). If so, perhaps 1.7.6 fills up the memory more than the previous version. I use Windows, and found that often my memory gets full and the disk churns saving things so it can load something additional. A system monitor shows that I have 8 Mb free now, and sometimes it goes down to 1Mb, essentially no free memory. In that condition, the swap file on the disk gets the overflow. Is that what seems to be happening when you use 1.7.6?
Also, are you using a POP (stores on your disk) account or an IMAP (web-based) account?
WFM Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050521 Reporter, do you get this problem with a recent nightly build?
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
user moved to thunderbird