Missing option to perl getopt in make-jars.pl causes build failure

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

()

Firefox
Build Config
RESOLVED EXPIRED
13 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: Staffan Thomen, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; IRIX64 IP30; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20041126 Firefox/1.0
Build Identifier: Firefox 1.0.3

When building firefox from pkgsrc on irix, I get a bunch of errors in
toolkit/locales;

Unknown option: -
Unknown option: a
Unknown option: b (the characters are not the ones displayed. I fixed it and the
build continues as I write)
...
later the build stops with a failure to write to /en_US
This is apparently because perl's getopt does not handle -- implicitly on this
platform. (The C function does however)

I'm using perl v5.8.4 built for mipseb-irix6.5-thread-multi


Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:




FIX:

add -: to the options string of getopt.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.