Status

RESOLVED FIXED
14 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: miken32, Assigned: morgamic)

Tracking

x86
Windows 2000

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment, 1 obsolete attachment)

19.51 KB, application/x-xpinstall
Details
(Reporter)

Description

14 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-CA; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-CA; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

Trying to update my extension (GUID {90ac33e5-014c-4a0c-b1e8-df821d2e0e38}) I
get the dreaded "The Name for your extension or theme already exists in the
Update database."  How do we fix that?

On a separate note, why is maxAppVer for Mozilla 1.7, even though there are
official 1.7+ releases?  I couldn't find a bug about this.

Reproducible: Always
(Reporter)

Comment 1

14 years ago
hello?

Comment 2

13 years ago
Could you please upload the troublesome XPI as an attachment to this bug please.

There isn't a 1.7+ maxapp ver, there is a 1.8 maxapp ver though.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

13 years ago
Created attachment 187098 [details]
problem XPI

Comment 4

13 years ago
You have changed guid between versions.

The version of pasteip on the site currently has the guid
{90ac33e5-014c-4a0c-b1e8-df821d2e0e38} and the XPI ont his bug has the guid
{998911E3-4D6E-4497-9554-B5655E9CC7FD}.

This is why you can not update it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
(Reporter)

Comment 5

13 years ago
Except I didn't change it.  It's the same one I've been using for a year now. 
Did umo change it when it was uploaded and processed?  Check version 1.2 here:
http://pasteip.mozdev.org/installation.html  It uses the same GUID I've always
used: 998911E3-4D6E-4497-9554-B5655E9CC7FD

Comment 6

13 years ago
Hmm, weird - neither you did - its the same as the GUID I get when downloading
it from the FTP mirrors too.

There's no way for an admin to change the guid, so it must have been changed by
one of the DB admins.

Justdave, kveton: Do you recall ever changing any GUIDs in the database?
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: INVALID → ---
(Reporter)

Comment 7

13 years ago
can we just change it back so I can update?
(Reporter)

Comment 8

13 years ago
Please!

Comment 9

13 years ago
I have the same problem, but with dispMUA. When uploading an update, I get to 
the "New extension Step 2" screen! It seems a bug in the web interface that I 
don't go to the "update extension" step 2 after uploading

Comment 10

13 years ago
Is this still a problem?
Assignee: Bugzilla-alanjstrBugs → morgamic
(Reporter)

Comment 11

13 years ago
God yes!
(Reporter)

Comment 12

12 years ago
Guess i won't be getting my free t-shirt for 2.0
(Assignee)

Comment 13

12 years ago
IT -- we need to run the following SQL to update the database record to contain the correct GUID:

update main set guid='{998911E3-4D6E-4497-9554-B5655E9CC7FD}' where guid='{90ac33e5-014c-4a0c-b1e8-df821d2e0e38}';

Thanks.
Assignee: morgamic → server-ops
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
(Assignee)

Updated

12 years ago
Component: Developer Pages → Server Operations
Product: addons.mozilla.org → mozilla.org
Target Milestone: 1.0 → ---
Version: unspecified → other

Updated

12 years ago
Assignee: server-ops → oremj

Comment 14

12 years ago
Query run.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Comment 15

12 years ago
So now when I upload the XPI, having stripped out my own update URL and adjusted versioning for 2.0, I get a blank page located at https://addons.mozilla.org/developers/additem.php?function=additem2

Not sure if this is the same problem (guid is stored somewhere else?) or a new one altogether.

I'll add my xpi as an attachment for inspection...
(Assignee)

Updated

12 years ago
Component: Server Operations → Public Pages
Product: mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org
Version: other → 0.9
(Reporter)

Comment 16

12 years ago
Created attachment 240647 [details]
problem XPI again
Attachment #187098 - Attachment is obsolete: true
(Assignee)

Comment 17

12 years ago
Remove the trailing whitespace after the install.rdf file -- that is what is causing the error.
(Assignee)

Updated

12 years ago
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
(Assignee)

Comment 18

12 years ago
Nevermind -- that's not it.  Basically, for some reason the install.rdf isn't being inflated and parsed, so the script cannot continue because it doesn't find the install.rdf file.  Trying to figure out why...
Assignee: oremj → morgamic
Status: REOPENED → NEW
(Assignee)

Comment 19

12 years ago
So -- your zip entries come out like this:
pasteip171/chrome/
pasteip171/chrome/pasteip.jar
pasteip171/defaults/
pasteip171/defaults/preferences/
pasteip171/defaults/preferences/pasteip.js
pasteip171/install.js
pasteip171/install.rdf

The parser sees "pasteip171/install.rdf" instead of "install.rdf" so it fails.  Try fixing your .xpi so that you don't have that subdirectory and it should work just fine.  I think you just created your archive incorrectly.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Comment 20

12 years ago
Uploaded successfully. Thanks, sorry for the spam!
Product: addons.mozilla.org → addons.mozilla.org Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.