User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.7) Gecko/20050414 Build Identifier: mozilla-1.7.8.de-AT.win32.installer.exe Hi, I have installed the newest Java 1.5.0 on Linux and Windows XP for Mozilla 1.7.8 but also 1.8.aX versions. All fine on Linux. Under Windows XP the Java plugins seems not to work reliably. This means that one has to stop/restart Mozilla several time (~10) before all Java applets work, E.g. in Google search the 2 grey area below the search window reduce to 2 tiny fields in case of a failure. Of course any web page relying on Java fail. Once I got it to work after various attempts all works properly. The problem starts again after the next Mozilla launching. One should mention that all works properly for Mozilla Firefox under Windows XP. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1.Start Mozilla 1.7.8 on Windows XP 2. 3. Actual Results: Java applets do not work most of the time. Expected Results: Java applets should work.
(In reply to comment #0) > E.g. in Google search the 2 > grey area below the search window reduce to 2 tiny fields in case of a failure. I'm sorry, i don't understand what you mean. > One should mention that all works properly for Mozilla Firefox under Windows XP. In the suite's browser, go to about:plugins, what's listed for Java?
Did you test the newest Java 1.5.0_03 version?
Java applets lock up regularly for me with SeaMonkey trunk build 2005081205 on Windows XP SP 2, with Java(TM) 2 Platform Standard Edition 5.0 Update 2. Applets work fine at first, then randomly stop responding.
After upgrading to Java 5.0 Update 4, Java plugins seem to be working without any problems. I'm using SeaMonkey build 2005091013 from the Gecko 1.8 branch on Windows XP SP2. I had to install Mozilla, install Java, and copy the plugin files from the Mozilla plugin directory to the SeaMonkey plugin directory to get SeaMonkey to use the latest Java.
After I posted my last comment, I found that Java 5.0 Update 4 did still have problems with lock-ups. I've been using Java 5.0 Update 5 for over a week without any lock-ups. If you're still having problems with Java, try the latest update.
Mass-closing bugs in the "OJI" component: OJI plugin integration was replaced with npruntime long ago, and these bugs appear to be irrelevant now. If there is in fact a real bug that remains, please file it new in the "Core" product, component "Plug-ins".