Mouse not functioning properly

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

()

RESOLVED EXPIRED
13 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: united_states_1776, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4

In the page at http://www.foxmovies.com/ the system is not responding when using
the mouse:

Trying to find out why the system is not responding to the use of the primary
mouse button when using Firefox, I checked to see if the same problem existed in
Netscape 8.0.1 based upon Firefox as well as Mozilla 1.7.7 Using both Netscape
and Mozilla, the mouse was functioning properly. However, when using Firefox,
the system is not responding. Tried to find something similar in the bug
records, but couldn't.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Go to http://www.foxmovies.com
2.Click on secondary mouse button - mouse responds properly with Flash Player
3.However, use Primary mouse button, icons on the page are not responding  or
functioning properly - cannot select anything on the page

Two different mouses were used to see if the problem was associated with the
type  or make of mouse being used - both failed. Made by two different companies.
Actual Results:  
No response to the Primary mouse button.
No conflicting extensions.

Expected Results:  
Icons on the page should have taken the user to another web page, or downloaded
a file for observation with RealPlayer, or Windows Media Player - no response
what so ever.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.