User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050519 Firefox/1.0.4 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050519 Firefox/1.0.4 If you open a mailto link in another tab, there are some sometimes predictable and sometimes random problems with it. First Case (reproducibility: always) 1) open the mailto in another tab 2) close the new mail window 3) move to the new tab 4) attempt to close ^^^ I was unable to close the tab by clicking on the default "close tab X button", "ctrl-w", or "right clicking the tab and hitting 'close tab'" Second Case (reproducibility: sometimes) 1) open a mailto in a new tab 2) navigate to the new tab (ignore the new mail window) 3) attempt to close the new tab (before closing the new mail window) ^^^ sometimes it doesn't work... sometimes it does work Third Case (reproducibility: sometimes) 1) open a mailto in a new tab 2) navigate to the new tab 3) close the new mail window 4) attempt to close the new tab NOTE: sometimes after you get a "stuck" tab, if you change tabs and come back to it you can close it. Reproducible: Sometimes If you're really lazy I put a page that has a mailto link: http://lanthera.net/~zeta/mailtoFirefoxBug.php
Do you have any extensions that could be affecting this behavior? If so, it might be a good idea to try and reproduce it in safe mode.
I was unable to run firefox -safe-mode for some reason: firefox -safe-mode *** loading the extensions datasource *** nsExtensionManager::start - (safe mode) failure, catching exception so finalize window can close = [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED) [nsIFile.create]" nsresult: "0x80520015 (NS_ERROR_FILE_ACCESS_DENIED)" location: "JS frame :: file:///usr/lib/MozillaFirefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: getDirInternal :: line 141" data: no] ^^^ the extensions were still loaded... However, I tested it on firefox 1.0.4 on a windows machine (that doesn't have any extensions installed) and I was able to reproduce the same problems.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.