User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.8) Gecko/20050511 Firefox/1.0.4 Sent folder was sorted by recipient and grouped by sort order. I attempted to move several messages to another folder Coorespondence/Laywers. Thunderbird froze. When Thunderbird was restarted, any attempt to open the target directory causes Thunderbird to freeze. The target directgory is also now reporting "one new file" even though none of the sent messages are new (obviously) and none of the messages prior to the move were new. Reproducible: Didn't try Expected Results: not freeze. This is too dangerous for me to try to reproduce outside of a controlled environment - I don't have any correspondence I can afford not to recover - I've already lost key business correspondence. If you can suggest a way I can set up a test bed that would not jepardize existing messages (e.g. a facility for creating a set of dummy messges) I'd be happy to construct a sequence allowing reproducability. I'd be quite happy to help with the debugging as well - I'm an experienced java developer (1m+ lines) - anything to expedite a fix - I need my correspondence with the lawyer and I *really* *really* don't want to switch back to our friend Microsoft.
Related to bug 291028?
(In reply to comment #1) > Related to bug 291028? The fix suggested in bug 291028 (removing the .msf file) does indeed give me access to the directory (to my great relief!) - however, the corrupted folder was the end result of the bug, not the bug itself. The bug itself is that the the .msf file was corrupted in the first place during an attempt to move files from the send folder to a sub-folder. There may however be another bug to which this is related - I noticed browsing through the bugs that someone has reported some problems with attempts to move a file twice: #219692 . However, that bug report attributes the problem to a slow server. In our case, the move was from the sent folder to some other local folder - no server was involved. As near as I can recall I moved the files, then noticed that one file seemed to be left behind during the transfer, and tried to move it to the target folder. It may be that the file had indeed been transfered and only a confusing ghost was left behind - when I tried to transfer the ghost Thunderbird got confused, things froze, and the .msf file was corrupted.
reporter e-m address is dead. and ppl in bug 219692. 291028 expired
=> incomplete, with no STR or reporter to test with