User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b3) Gecko/20050719 SeaMonkey/1.0a Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.8b3) Gecko/20050719 SeaMonkey/1.0a When I change editor.contentWindow.document.body.innerHTML then I cannot delete any text from a content of document by pressing 'delete' or 'backspace' keys (commandDispatcher doesnt work too in this case). If I'll insert some text then I will be able to remove text from a content. Reproducible: Always
Created attachment 191086 [details] testcase put this sample into package and run it with '-chrome' command line argument
Needs testcase that doesn't need to be chrome...
Keywords: testcase → qawanted
Confirming. brade, glazou, any idea what's up here?
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
I'd look at nsEditor::GetRootElement() and mRootElement to see if those are causing the problem.
The reporter may have to call nsHTMLEditor::BeginningOfDocument()
Windows 2000 support has been dropped a while ago. Please only reopen this bug if you can reproduce it on Windows XP or older with current Firefox builds.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
Ioana, there appears to be nothing win2k-specific about this bug. Please don't resolve bugs as wontfix based on their (bogus, automatically set by Bugzilla) OS field without actually trying to reproduce them.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WONTFIX → ---
Comment 0 specified clearly Win2k (see user agent) and I didn't see any other OSs specified in comments, it wasn't just the OS field. Is there a specific OS you want this tested on?
It doesn't matter what the UA string said, just like it doesn't matter what the Bugzilla OS field (populated from the UA string says). For a bug like this, which is about basic DOM functionality, any OS should give the same behavior.
There is no editor on the testcase page when opened in Firefox 3.6, 4.0.1, 25 and 26 (later ones with the Remote XUL add-on). Does anyone have a testcase where this issue can be reproduced?
There is a permission denied error, because the testcase uses netscape.enablePrivilege. Normally, you could set the security.turn_off_all_security_so_that_viruses_can_take_over_this_computer pref to true in about:config, then testcase should be testable, but I still get this permission denied error after that. But I was able to test it this way, by installing this extension: http://email@example.com Then I moved the editor.xul file to the root of my hard drive (on Windows, it has to moved to file:///C:/testfiles/ Then I can access the editor.xul file from: chrome://testdirectory/content/editor.xul This seems to be wfm in Firefox23 on my macbook pro.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago → 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.