negotiateauth breaks build

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

Firefox
Build Config
RESOLVED INVALID
13 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: km, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

13 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050815 Firefox/1.0+
Build Identifier: Deer Park Daily CVS

As of a couple of weeks ago my builds in Solaris and Linux fail when building
the negotiateauth extension. Superficially the problem is that neither
USE_GSSAPI or USE_SSPI is set by configure. However, I suspect it runs deeper
than this.

Is there some option that needs to be set?



Reproducible: Always

Comment 1

13 years ago
I confirm the same failure on Mac OS X 10.3.9 for both SeaMonkey and Firefox
built on a G4 "Yikes" Mac.  Disabling the negotiateauth extension ducks the
problem.  My builds started failing about a week ago as of the date of this message.

I've not attempted to change "Hardware" or "OS" settings, but they should be
broadened.  I don't know how to do something between "All" and one particular OS
or Hardware platform except by a comment.  
(Reporter)

Comment 2

13 years ago
Dales, what did you comment out to just disable negotiateauth?

Comment 3

13 years ago
(In reply to comment #2)
> Dales, what did you comment out to just disable negotiateauth?

I used a "2 by 4" ... I commented out all extensions.  I had the following in
and it worked up to about 8/14, but has failed since till yesterday when I
commented this out:

ac_add_options --enable-extensions=default,tasks,irc,negotiateauth

I also have
ac_add_options --enable-crypto in the mozconfig
This is still active.

I'm now running a build with the extensions restored to see if some checkins
have fixed the problem.

Dale

Comment 4

13 years ago
(In reply to comment #3)

[snip-snip]
> 
> I'm now running a build with the extensions restored to see if some checkins
> have fixed the problem.
> 
> Dale

The build attempt failed.  It seems to me that it is looking for a
"negotiateauth" folder that now has the name "auth".  Because it can't find the
folder it can't find the makefile.in that it needs.

Dale

Comment 5

12 years ago
Try changing negotiateauth to auth in "ac_add_options --enable-extensions=" in
your .mozconfig file.

Comment 6

12 years ago
The "negotiateauth" extension is now "auth".
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.