User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.10) Gecko/20050716 Firefox/1.0.6 I added RSS feed at http://www.artlebedev.ru/kovodstvo/kovodstvo.rdf. It is in UTF-8. The content of <title> tag for individual items is shown incorrectly (subject field in right pane) - some latin characters, while the header is quite correct phrase in Russian, and it is correctly displayed if I open the same URL in FireFox. The channel name in the left pane of mail window is displayed correctly, and so does the Sender field of the right pane. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Subscribe to feed http://www.artlebedev.ru/kovodstvo/kovodstvo.rdf 2. Position the cursor on that feed Actual Results: Some latin characters are shown in the subject filed of right pane. Expected Results: Russian characters should be seen instead. I tried to delete the subscription and then re-add it, but the result is the same.
This feed displays correctly for me with TB 1.5b1-0904. There have been numerous fixes to TB's RSS handling since the 1.0 was branched off; please don't file any additional bugs, especially about RSS, until you've tested with at least a 1.5 build, if not a trunk (1.6) build.
Version: unspecified → 1.0
Yep, WFM. Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050916 Thunderbird/1.4 ID:2005091605
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
I (the reporter of the bug) tried this feed on Thuderbird 1.5 and it seems to work correctly.
Component: RSS → Feed Reader
Product: Thunderbird → MailNews Core
Version: 1.0 → 1.7 Branch
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.