User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.4 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050919 Firefox/1.4 I was away for 3 days at the beginning of the week. On Wednesday I ran software update, but that just caught me up to Monday. I then had to restart Firefox and repeat the process until I got caught up to today. For daily's this is fine, but in production I would think end users would expect to be able to catch up updates. So for example if I was running 1.0.3 and didn't use the computer for awhile and then wanted to update to 1.0.6. I would expect to do this in 1 software update not 3. With the current setup I believe I would get 1.0.4 after running update. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Use daily branch build 2. in about:config set app.update.url to https://aus2.mozilla.org/update/1/%PRODUCT%/%VERSION%/%BUILD_ID%/%BUILD_TARGET%/%LOCALE%/%CHANNEL%/update.xml 3. Wait a few days 4. Do the update Actual Results: build version only goes up 1 day. Expected Results: I should be updated to the latest build.
Dupe of bug 306864. See also bug 284589. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 306864 ***