User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7 The result of a search (Chercher) is not displayed correctly by Firefox, it is displayed correctly by Internet Explorer / Crazy Browser. Try for example searching for "ci-joint ci-jointe" Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Try for example searching for "ci-joint ci-jointe" 2. 3. Actual Results: List of search results impossible to read. Expected Results: See Internet Explorer. As I already said, even if the source of the search result page is not correct, for the user : Internet Explorer is the best !! Firefox must do the same. Courage ! I consider this as a major bug : the user switches to another browser ! If the customer / user is not satisfied a bug is critical whichever is the sofware problem.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b5) Gecko/20050926 Firefox/1.4 ID:2005092609 WFM. Get exactly the same result for ci-joint ci-jointe in both browsers.
What kind of search are you talking about? And in what way is the result not displayed correctly? Currently, when I try to "pose une question" at the URL you gave, I get a PHP error from the site. =)
With IE I got a good list, a list of links concerning the grammar of the words typed, with Fx is was not usable (perhaps it was a warning ?) The problem is that yesterday and today it does not work at all, I get a warning with both browsers (!!) : "Warning: fsockopen(): unable to connect to synapse.servehttp.com:80 in /home10/eq10521/html/QristalSearch/includes/functions.php on line 13" Anyway, the sentence hereafter displayed correctly by IE is not displayed by Fx. "Ces résultats ont été générés par le moteur de recherche intelligent Qristal -" I'll post a new comment if it works again with IE.
Oops, didn't get back to this to comment. Back when it wasn't returning a PHP error, it was returning an iframe containing what it wanted to be XML with an XSLT stylesheet, but it was sending it with the content-type "text/html", which IE merrily and incorrectly ignores, and we do not. Once they fix the fsockopen() problem, they need to add a header() to set the content-type.
Assignee: nobody → french
Component: General → French
Product: Firefox → Tech Evangelism
QA Contact: general → french
Summary: The result of a search (Chercher) is not displayed correctly → synapse-fr.com - XML sent as text/html
I've tried this website in my browsers and couldn'd find any problems. Searching returns HTML with the correct media type and search results work seamlessly as well.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Product: Tech Evangelism → Tech Evangelism Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.