The Iframe HTML object is losing the ISO-8859-2 codepage in designMode under Firefox/1.5

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

Core
Editor
--
major
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
12 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: ezmostkellnekem, Unassigned)

Tracking

({regression})

1.8 Branch
x86
Windows XP
regression
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

12 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

The Iframe HTML object is losing the ISO-8859-2 codepage in designMode=on.
The returning page is in UTF-8, and all the characters - that I use - become non understanding text.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an IFrame, do it with javascript code. (createElement)
2. Set designMode=on
3. The charset of the HTML code - that is in this frame - change to utf-8 instead of use ISO-8859-2 that I tuned before. (I have to use ISO-8859-2)

Actual Results:  
The view of the page are full of bad characters because of the difference between charsets.
I have tried this symptom in Firefox 1.0.7, 1.0.5, and earlier versions: It works successfully. Except Firefox 1.5

Updated

12 years ago
Severity: critical → major
Keywords: regression

Updated

12 years ago
Version: unspecified → 1.5 Branch

Comment 1

12 years ago
A minimized testcase would be nice.

Updated

12 years ago
Assignee: nobody → mozeditor
Component: General → Editor
Product: Firefox → Core
QA Contact: general
Summary: The Iframe HTML object is losing the ISO-8859-2 codepage in design mode under Firefox/1.5 → The Iframe HTML object is losing the ISO-8859-2 codepage in designMode under Firefox/1.5
Version: 1.5.0.x Branch → 1.8 Branch
QA Contact: editor
Assignee: mozeditor → nobody

Updated

10 years ago
Blocks: 424615
This bug has been tagged for regression and or closure.
I cannot produce the error in Nightly or Release 
Considering this I will mark this issue as Resolved-WORKSFORME. If anyone can still reproduce it, feel free to reopen the issue and provide updated steps/links. I tested with <meta charset="UTF-8"> and <meta charset="ISO-8859-2">

Version 	48.0a1
Build ID 	20160329030246
User Agent 	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Version 	45.0.1
Build ID 	20160315153207
User Agent 	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.