Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060125 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006012512 message in JSConsole ExtensionManager:_finishOperations - failure, catching exception - lineno: 1576 works in the 20060124 1118pst build fails in the 20060124 1442pst build http://bonsai.mozilla.org/cvsquery.cgi?treeid=default&module=all&branch=HEAD&branchtype=match&filetype=match&whotype=match&sortby=Date&hours=2&date=explicit&mindate=20060124+1045&maxdate=20060124+1442&cvsroot=%2Fcvsroot
hmm, somehow the errormessage was cut short ExtensionManager:_finishOperations - failure, catching exception - lineno: 1576 - file: undefined - [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80570019 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CREATE_WN) [nsIJSCID.getService]" nsresult: "0x80570019 (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_CREATE_WN)" location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Programmas/Firefox/ff30trunk/firefox/components/nsExtensionManager.js :: anonymous :: line 1576" data: no]
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060125 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006012512 Further more (don't know if this is related, but anyway..) 1. Create new profile 2. Start firefox 3. Tools > Extensions Note that DomI & Talkback are in an eternal state of "...will be installed when Deerpark is restarted."
a lot of extensions->options lock the EM all the same regressionwindow Bug 322965 ?
A local backout of bug 322965 seems to confirm that. All extension icons are back to normal and extensions working too.
Ick. Does somebody know what in particular might be causing this? (what service we're trying to get and failing)?
I just checked in a fix to nsChromeRegistry.cpp to make nsChromeRegistry QI to nsISupports, which could potentially fix this bug.
I think it will, as I've just stopped the debugger on this assert: ###!!! ASSERTION: This XPCOM object fails in QueryInterface to nsISupports!: 'Error', file mozilla/js/src/xpconnect/src/xpcwrappednative.cpp, line 235 It's being triggered by the very EM code that gets a JS exception, which is trying to get the service "@mozilla.org/chrome/chrome-registry;1", so it all fits. :)
Okay, then. Optimistically marking this bug as FIXED. Someone please verify or reopen as needed.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060125 Firefox/1.6a1 ID:2006012517 Certainly seems fixed here.