I just tracked down a critical bug here that caused me quite some trouble over the past days: When loading the page given in URL, CPU-load goes up to 70% here on my old Powerbook Titanium G4 500MHz with 512MB RAM and later stays between 40%-50%. (I guess even on the newer Macs, this would still cause an unwanted CPU-load...) The problem gets worse when you have other tabs open and is mostly noticable when editing inside a textfield (this widget seems to be quite a ressource-hog btw), e.g. wiki-pages. I got a constant 70-80% CPU-load up to the point where text-input was *impossible* (but mouse still worked), even in file-dialogs text input was gone. Using OS X 10.4.4 with all updates applied and Firefox 220.127.116.11 PPC. Will check on WinXP.
I can't compare for the valentines script doesn't run at all in IE here. When you block http://www.codedread.com/svgsnow-valentines.js with the adblock extension the cpu usage goes back to normal.
verified on Windows XP SP2 with Firefox 18.104.22.168, 1GB RAM, AthlonXP2600+.
OS: MacOS X → All
URL is 404 => incomplete, no testcase
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INCOMPLETE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.