User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) Build Identifier: FireFox 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 1.0.7 I upgraded my firefox 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 and when I restarted it, it didnt work. It worked fine before the upgrade. After the upgrade when I start FF it just says looking for.. site name and just stays looking. Also when I close it, I can still see the process on the task manager. So I can't uninstall it unless I reboot my computer. I got the same results installing 1.0.7 and when I tried to upgrade through the program it just stayed looking for updates. Also I noticed that any changes I made to the configuration like the cache size, would just come over even though I uninstalled the program and deleted the folders and reinstalled it. I just dont get it.. I tried using a different profile, and delete and tried with a new profile. I can pull up pages just fine with IE though. I have already tried renew release ip and disabling and reenabling the NIC. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.uninstalled FF 2.reboot and delete associated folders 3.reinstalled FF Actual Results: just hangs at looking up sitename Expected Results: pick up a page and work fine. Windows XP SP2
This is a firewall issue. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Error_loading_any_website
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.